This public house was erected in the early 1970s when Swinton Precinct was created. It replaced a much smaller, 19th century public house, of the same name, that had stood close to the road.
Landlords have included:-
Jonah Jones – Circa 1900 to 1910s (perhaps longer)
Steve Wildman – 1970s/80s
John & Ann Preddy – 1980s/90s
Duncan Marklew – 2014 to