Following the death of his father, Peter continued with the family’s iron and steel business, located on Don Street in Rotherham.
Below is a newspaper article published shortly after Peter’s marriage to Thelma Callis.
THE ADVERTISER, SAT., JULY 2nd, 1955
BARRON – CALLIS
The marriage took place at Wickersley Church on Thursday, of Miss Thelma Callis, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Colin Callis, 40, Bent Lathes Avenue Broom, Rotherham, and Mr. Peter Wilson Barron, son of Mr. E. Barron, and the late Mrs. Barron, “Denton,” 72, Wickersley Road, Rotherham. Canon W. Sorby Briggs officiated, and the organist was Mr. S. Briggs.
The bride, given away by her father, wore a crinoline gown of tulle, and Guipure lace, trimmed with diamante, and a full-length tulle veil held in position by a coronet of orange blossom, and carried a bouquet of orchids, stephanotis, and lilies-of-the-valley.
The bridesmaids were Miss Shirley Hurt (friend of the bride), and Miss Maureen Barron (niece of the bridegroom), wearing dresses of lemon and white flocked nylon and lemon petal head-dresses, and carried bouquets of lemon carnations, coral bride gladioli and lilies-of-the-valley; and Miss Kay Sewell (cousin of the bride) wearing a dress of white tulle and white petal head-dress, and also carrying a bouquet of lemon carnations, coral bride gladioli and lilies-of-the-valley.
The best man was Mr. E. Barron (bridegroom’s brother) and the groomsmen Messrs. Michael Barron and Brian Cutts.
A reception at Davy’s Tudor Cafe was attended by 50 guests.
The bride’s mother wore navy nylon and a white picture hat and fur stole, with matching accessories.
The honeymoon was spent in Italy, the bride travelling in an oatmeal suit with shocking pink accessories.
The bride and bridegroom’s future place of residence will be 67, Wickersley Road, Rotherham.