Following the great Sheffield flood of 1864, Thomas and Charles Hattersley relocated their iron foundry at the end of Queen Street in 1864 and called the premises, Queens Foundry. These premises were demolished in 1936. The business was moved to much larger premises in 1869. These works provided employment for hundreds of Swinton people and produced stoves and grates. At some point in the 20th century, the works were acquired by the Stelrad company who specialise in the production of domestic radiators. In the 1990s, the building was divided into small units in order to cater for small businesses.